American Campus is seeking a Product Owner (PO) who will be the primary interface between stakeholders and the development team. The PO takes high level requirements, vision, and strategy, and breaks down into detailed business requirements for the development team to implement. The PO manages priorities, handles conflicts, clarifies ambiguities, and makes decisions during the execution of specific initiatives in such a way that development is efficient and stakeholders are satisfied with the results. Position based in Austin, Texas and must be able to legally work in the US without employment sponsorship.
- Engage with product managers, UX team, internal stakeholders and product engineering.
- Manage and organize multiple product backlogs to maximize value and business success.
- Work closely with product managers and other members in the Product Management organization to translate strategy into specific work items.
- Maximize development team efficiency by providing clear steps in feature development.
Essential Duties (other duties may be assigned):
- Subject matter expert for the product area.
- Participate in planning, daily scrum meetings, and grooming with development team.
- Provide advice, clarification, and guidance to the engineering team during the execution phase.
- Communicate directly with customers to obtain feature requests, feedback and possible troubleshooting.
- The core of American Campus culture involves everyone being fully invested in everything that we do down to picking up the smallest piece of trash. No matter their position or duration at any given property, everyone picks up trash.
To be successful in this position, you should have the following knowledge/experience:
Back to Results