The Business Analyst (BA) is the primary interface between stakeholders, product team, the development team or external partners. The BA gathers requirements from various stakeholders and communicates the analysis in documents and visual diagrams. The BA must be strong in analyzing the as-is process and identify the to-be strategy for successful implementations. The BA should be able to manage priorities, handles conflicts, clarifies ambiguities, and makes decisions during the execution of specific initiatives in such a way that technical implementation is efficient, and stakeholders are satisfied with the results.
- Engage with product managers, product owners, internal stakeholders, SCRUM Master, vendors, and product engineering.
- Manage and organize multiple projects to maximize value and business success.
- Work closely with product managers and other members in the Product Management organization to translate strategy into specific work items.
- Support the product team in day to day activities to help deliver successful product features to the business.
- Facilitate requirements gathering sessions with business and IT stakeholders.
- Involve with Request for Proposal (RFP) with 3rd party solution providers.
- Involve both internal and external partners on development or 3rd party software implementation.
(other duties may be assigned):
- Become a subject matter expert for the assigned initiatives.
- Manage and own the requirements and documents for the given initiative.
- Participate in planning, scrum meetings, grooming, project meetings with the teams.
- Provide clarification and guidance to the engineering team during the execution phase.
- Communicate directly with customers to obtain feature requests, feedback and possible troubleshooting.
- Assist in planning of testing with QA and business.
- The core of American Campus culture involves everyone being fully invested in everything that we do down to picking up the smallest piece of trash. No matter their position or duration at any given property, everyone picks up trash.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Competencies:
Knowledge, Skills, & Ability:
- Organizational Skills.
- Technical Capacity.
- Attention to Detail.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Business process mapping, business process improvements, product management and SDLC.
- JIRA, version control, build process, infrastructure and application deployment best practice.
- Change management, process documentation and testing tools.
- Systems and business processes in use for the relevant business areas.
- Strong oral and written communication abilities.
- Strong business analysis skills with a track record of working closely with business groups and IT.
- Group facilitation, organization and time management skills.
- Attention to detail and analytical skills.
- Building solid working relationships cross-functionally and across other projects.
- Exercise tact and good interpersonal skills.
- Read, understand and communicate technical documentation.
- Be a self-starter, able to work in a fast-paced environment with constant change.
- Translate strategy into tactical plans.
- Prioritize, manage competing priorities, and make decisions in ambiguous situations.
- Facilitate in requirements gathering sessions.
- Manage multiple projects, understand systems capabilities and operation procedures.
- Implementation of cross functional initiatives.
- 5+ years of business analysis experience.
- Software Development Life Cycle and Agile methodology
- Vendor management and 3rd party software implementation
- BA/BS degree in Business or Computer Science related field.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and fax machines. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and/or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Hours of work may vary based upon the needs of the business.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Back to Results