Serving as a key member of the Business Intelligence Product Management (BIPM) Team, and as the Product lead with a high-profile role that is responsible for the design, development, and management of American Campus Communities data and analytics products and the analytics and reporting needs of various departments. The Senior Product Owner understands the strategic direction of American Campus Communities and how the analytics offerings influence the overall strategy of the enterprise. This position collaborates extensively with Business Intelligence Management, Engineering, QA, Data Management, Operations, Production, and Finance.
The Senior Product Owner plays a principal role in supporting and identifying opportunities for new and/or enhanced product components; drives a solution set based on defined business requirements; develops and implements organization-wide launch plans; plans and prioritizes work around resources, organizational goals and scorecards, and product line roadmap; acts as a key point of contact for multiple internal and external parties; and works with various departments and delivery partners to execute. The Senior Product Owner provides strategic foresight in the field of data & analytics that is based off of a deep understanding of data, analytical approaches and models, and deep learning (AI/ML). The Senior Product Owner evangelizes product evolution while utilizing the best practices found in equal parts project management, product/software design and development, user experience design, and business management.
- Supports the data & analytics product strategy to align with organizational business objectives and delivers a high-quality user experience for both internal and external stakeholders. Thinks strategically to strengthen user engagement and product impact.
- Maintains a leadership position on cross-functional teams responsible for the complete product development cycle including Product Management, Software Development, Data Intake & Business Intelligence, and Operations.
- Actively participates within an agile product development operating model. Develops and guides processes that ensure consistent and high-quality products that meet the needs of companys internal and external consumers. Manages and adjusts processes to ensure product development is completed in a manner that optimizes both efficiency and value.
- Leads a cross-functional team in defining product features and functionality (both technical and operational) to meet business requirements and to achieve strategic goals.
- Flexibility. 6-8 years' experience working as a Technical Product Manager or Product Owner, including requirements gathering, use cases, user stories, and producing clear and concise documentation
- 4+ years' experience working as a Technical Product Manager / Product Owner or BA in data reporting, analytics, data visualization, etc.
- Experience in creating product roadmaps and managing the product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities. Experience launching new products preferable.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead within an agile environment with practical experience in both SCRUM and Kanban.
- Drive to solve detailed complex problems in a collaborative environment.
- Experience in data driven product management. Demonstrated analytical skills to enable factual decisions.
- Strong time management, prioritization, and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with customer and industry presentation experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an understanding of how to build and maintain strong internal relationships with key stakeholders.
The core of American Campus culture involves everyone being fully invested in everything that we do down to picking up the smallest piece of trash. No matter their position everyone picks up trash.
Back to Results