You’re going to love it here. That’s a promise we make to both our residents and our employees. At American Campus Communities we are passionate about creating rewarding careers for our team members. As a maintenance technician you’ll find a hardworking, motivating culture with unlimited potential for contribution and growth. Our commitment to job training and our promote-from-within approach means your opportunities can be as vast as your ambition.
As a full-time maintenance technician, you will be responsible for preserving the condition and functionality of a student housing community. The successful candidate will prepare apartments for new residents to move into and provide excellent customer service while performing general maintenance work orders in their homes.
We’re looking for a professional who can take initiative! Here’s what your typical day may look like:
- Complete interior and exterior work orders including, but not limited to: electrical, plumbing, HVAC, drywall repair, painting, appliances and make readies.
- Preventative apartment maintenance and general repairs of the buildings’ exterior and interior systems
- Assist with maintaining swimming pool and spa, snow/ice removal, removing debris from the grounds, moving furniture, and unloading/storing supplies
- Responsible for being On-Call for emergency work orders and lock-outs
- Assist in completing Monthly Facilities Plan tasks and Basic Operating Systems & Standards to meet our goal of a clean, well maintained community
- Attend employee staff meetings and company safety meetings/webinars
- Report any observed violations of property rules and regulations to Maintenance Supervisor/Manager and/or General Manager
- The core of American Campus culture involves everyone being fully invested in everything that we do down to picking up the smallest piece of trash. No matter their position or duration at any given property, everyone picks up trash because we take pride in our community.
Your background and experience needed to excel in this role should include:
- A High School diploma or GED
- One to three years of building maintenance experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- HVAC and appliance repair experience
- The ability to operate various types of tools and equipment safely and lift various items up to 50 lbs.
- The ability to understand and follow all safety protocols including understanding MSDS on use of chemicals
ACC is now hiring, and we’re committed to creating rewarding careers for our team members from day one!
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to Results